Alice Springs CBD is set to continue to come alive with stage a series of great arts events including unusual light installations, choir workshops, free craft activities, classical music performances, live painting and storytelling activities through the NT Government’s Live Alice Mparntwe Arts Program Round 4.
Minister for Tourism, Sport and Culture, Lauren Moss today announced funding of $76,825 to a range of arts and cultural programs for locals and visitors, which will bring a sense of excitement and vibrancy to Alice Springs through the first half of 2019.
The Live Alice Mparntwe Arts program, designed to activate our vibrant CBD in Alice Springs has been boosted by the Territory Labor Government’s record $103 million Turbocharging Tourism package to attract visitors, create local jobs and put more money in the pockets of Territorians.
Successful applicants and programs include:
- Troopies of Light - an art installation consisting of three lit-up troopies, which travel along Todd Mall over eight consecutive evenings and nights in April, 2019.
- Alice Sings workshops - eight choir workshops from February to June 2019 open to the general public.
- Creativity in the Mall - free arts and crafts activities will enliven the Todd Mall, appealing to people of all ages and abilities during the February to June 2019.
- Classic in the Mall Series III - a series of live classical and world music performances featuring the World Chamber Orchestra from February to June 2019.
- Arrernte Artists Live - artist Pat Ansell-Dodds will share the Arrernte visual culture and stories from May and July 2019.
Red Hot Arts Central Australia will be supporting these artists and events as the Producer of Live Alice Mparntwe Art Round 4.
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 678 237.
Quotes from Minister for Tourism, Sport and Culture, Lauren Moss
“The Live Alice Mparntwe Arts program is a key part of the Territory Labor Government’s investment to enliven and reinvigorate the Alice Springs CBD, which will create jobs and support local business.
“Live Alice Mparntwe investment, provides the opportunity to engage in creative activity in the heart of the CBD, as well as showcasing and celebrating our local talent.”
Quotes from Member for Braitling, Dale Wakefield
“I am really excited to announce a great selection of activities for locals and visitors to Central Australia, these events are very interactive and will help locals and visitors engage in the community.
“Everyone will be able to participate in the Live Alice Mparntwe Arts program and I encourage the community to join in Creativity in the Mall, which will enliven the Todd Mall from February to July 2019.”
Media Contact: Trish Grimshaw 0401 119 242